Depending on the software version, different modes of operation are implemented:
- up to 4.5 R2: Starting from the coupling time, all assigned reading ranges are transmitted automatically. The user defines the time of the reading.
- for 4.5 R3: The cycle reading is requested by the energy manager. All reading ranges assigned to the reader are transmitted. The reader can then start the reading.
- as of 4.6: The cycle reading is requested by the energy manager. Individual reading ranges or even individual meters can be requested. The reader can then start the reading.
Starting the reading
If the energy manager requests a reading, an information message is displayed on the mobile reading device. A prerequisite for this is that the device is coupled and has a network connection. The reader can now start the reading; the reading ranges and the data of their meters are transferred from the web and at the same time, the system is notified that the reading is in progress. This way, any changes made to the meters concerned through web portal are ruled out. The app shows a list of the reading ranges.
Select a reading range to switch to a view of the meters within this range. You can only select the meter you want to read manually or identify it by scanning its barcode (button). Almost all types of barcodes and QR codes can be used for identification. They have to either include the meter point description or meter number:
The meter reading input page appears:
Under some circumstances, the input may not be plausible:
- The meter reading is identical to the one last read (zero consumption), provided that absolute validation was activated for the meter point and the value has fallen below the lower limit
- The meter reading is lower than the one last read (meter reverse)
- The difference (consumption) is too high (limit defined in the meter properties)
- The difference (consumption) is too low (limit defined in the meter properties)
This results in a corresponding message. The reader can accept the meter reading irrespective of this. After all meters have been read, you can close the reading process. The information on the changed state is sent to the web, which can then proceed with the processing. If not all of the meters have been read, the reader is notified of this.